Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My new treefort!

This summer, Tony decided that he wanted to build a tree fort for Kailyn…something he has wanted to do for a very long time! We had been trying to explain what it was to Kailyn and that it would be her very own little space. She took this to mean it would be her very own house! A few days before we were going to start, Tony and I went to Lowe’s and bought all the wood, nail, screws, and everything else we would need for Tony’s little creation. After two trips to and from Lowe’s, because there was so much wood, we were done. We brought Kailyn out into the back yard to show her what her tree fort started out as. Now I have to say, we did get a bit of lumber and supplies, so the corner of our back yard resembled that of a lumber yard! She ran around the wood, climbed over and it and decided it was good. So the groundbreaking took place in mid June. Kailyn’s godfather, Larry, came over to help Tony with the framing. By lunchtime, they had completed almost all of the framing! They made great progress and over the next few weeks, Tony continued to work on the fort and finish it up. Kailyn even helped quite a bit! As work progressed, it was amazing to see her face and how excited she was! Finally it was all finished and we all climbed up in it. As Kailyn surveyed her very own space, she said very satisfied, “I like my house daddy, it is cool! Thank you!!” Since then, she has had numerous picnic lunches and dinners inside her happy little “house.” I have to also say that I know Kailyn was blown away by all that Tony did, but so was I! It’s amazing! So Tony, I have to say thank you…for all you do and for how happy you make your girls!! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment