Sunday, January 18, 2009

I LOVE MY DADDY

As I previously stated around May of last year, Kailyn hit the “daddy” phase. Things no longer were “I just want mommy”, but “where is my daddy”… “I need my daddy!” Kailyn is still like that. She knows Tony has to work and still asks for him every morning, rejoices on the mornings he gets to stay home and is anxiously awaiting his return when he does have to work. Lately, Kailyn has become especially attached to Tony. I don’t know if it was because she was able to spend so much time over Christmas break with him or because he is just the best dad ever! The other night we were getting Kailyn ready for bed and she insisted that Tony do everything. Then when it was time for goodnight kisses, she calmly told me, “Mommy, you don’t kiss daddy…he is my daddy.” I was a little taken aback and wanted to say, “I can kiss him whenever I want…he’s my husband!” However, I then remembered this was our four year old daughter I was talking to. Instead I simply said I would give daddy a kiss later. Then a few days after, Kailyn came to me with this light up necklace and told me, “Mom, I am going to wear this for my wedding.” I chuckled softly and said I thought that would be a great idea, I would definitely save it for her. That night, she told Tony the same thing. Tony’s response was a little different. “Wedding, your never getting married…right!” She only responded with, “Yes I am daddy. I am going to marry you.” Tony and I looked at each other not sure what to say. Then we told her that I was married to daddy and she insisted that both she and I could be married to him. Obviously she doesn’t have the same idea of marriage that most people have. I do believe to her it is the idea of loving someone and just spending time together. When I think of it, it is rather beautiful to see how much Kailyn loves and looks up to her daddy. As I stated before, she not only thinks Tony hung the moon, but the stars as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment