Friday, April 18, 2008

The Master

Instead of having a spring break earlier in the year, we in the Augusta area have ours the second week of April. This time is known as Master’s Week. This is often a time when native Augustans either flee the crowds, craziness, and horrid traffic that surround Master’s Week or succumb to all the hub-bub and seek employment at one of the many catering, driving or golfing venues. This year since Tony was off for Master’s Week, he decided he would take a job working as a driver for an event’s company. I wasn’t too happy to see him work his week off, but God really blessed his sacrifice. Tony was given a really laid back group and he was able to go into the Master’s several times. In fact, I was even able to spend one afternoon inside the Master’s with Tony. In addition to that, Kailyn and I were also able to meet Tony for lunch several times…something we never get to do during the school year. On one of Tony’s visits inside the golf course, he decided to purchase a pink golf shirt with the Master’s logo in the corner for Kailyn. The night he gave her the shirt she wasn’t too excited, however, the next morning she awoke and immediately asked, “Mom can I wear my master shirt today?” I told her of course, Daddy would love to see her in it. That day her friend Carrie came over, and as I walked by Kailyn’s room I heard her telling Carrie all about her shirt. “Carrie, my daddy gave this to me. He said I am a master. Are you a master? Do you have a master shirt?” Apparently, Kailyn believes, and still does to this day, that she is a master of something and that her shirt proudly tells people this! Needless to say she now loves the shirt and asks to wear it all the time. And on the off chance that Daddy is wearing the shirt too, you will find her beaming with pride…because of course Daddy and her are the “masters.”

No comments:

Post a Comment