Friday, August 8, 2008

That's not where it goes...I love Starbucks!!

As our children grow up I begin we start to see little glimpses of ourselves developing in them. Certain quirks or habits that they pick up from us…some good and some not so great. One of these little quirks that I have begun to notice in Kailyn is her organization. A few weeks ago, she was cleaning up her room and Tony, being the great dad that he is, asked if she wanted some help. They began putting all the toys away and suddenly, Kailyn looked at Tony and very seriously said, “Ummm…Daddy. That is not where that toy belongs.” Tony looked at her a bit shocked and simply said, “Well, excuse me. Where does it go.” She picked the toy up and put it in its proper place. Tony looked up at me and all he said was, “What have you done to our daughter!” Meanwhile I was whelling with pride and almost to tears because of how excited I was that she liked things organized! Needless to say, Kailyn does like order. Everything in its place!

Another thing that Kailyn has started to love is Starbucks. Like I said earlier, some of the things our children pick up are wonderful and some of them aren’t so great…like addictions to coffee! I am by no means saying Kailyn is “addicted” she just loves her Starbucks! Our special visits to the bookstore to get a “pink coffee” as Kailyn calls her Strawberry Frappicino (which actually has no coffee in it at all) have now become less and less and when we do go, she often asks if we can go the coffee shop and sit and have a drink. So grown up!

So, as Kailyn continues to grow at record speed, I realize that I am continually amazed. Amazed by her ability to do all that she does and amazed at how much fun and joy it is to watch her grow into something so wonderful and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment