Saturday, April 18, 2009

i have a surprise for you...

So, if you haven’t figured this out yet, we have the sweetest daughter! I know everyone probably thinks that…but we really do! Last night, Kailyn and I were eating dinner, just the two of us because Tony teaches class three nights a week. She came bounding into the kitchen and settled quickly in her seat. As she started eating, I asked her if she liked it and she said, “Yes!” Then she got up came over and gave me a big hug and kiss on the cheek and said, “This is so yummy, thank you mommy!” Now I’ve been cooking dinner for roughly four years and never gotten that reaction…ever! (I’m not counting the first year we were married because we mostly ate at my parents and out…I know it’s hard to believe but I didn’t really know how to cook…haha!)

Earlier this month she did something similar. I told her we were going to do something she really liked and she smiled happily and said, “I have a surprise for you.” She then proceeded to give me a big hug and kiss followed by, “You’re the best mommy ever!” Like I said, I am sure most people think there child is the sweetest, but these random “I love yous” and “you’re the best mommy ever” paired with big hugs and kisses make me believe she really is the sweetest!

No comments:

Post a Comment