Sunday, April 5, 2009

Princesses, Ponies, Pet shop…Star Wars, Indiana Jones!

As Kailyn and I sat on the couch playing Lego Indiana Jones yesterday I started thinking of all the phases she has gone through and how different each could be. We’ve gone from flowers and butterflies to dirt and animals, from princesses and ponies to Star Wars and Indiana Jones and a bit of Littlest Pet Shop scattered in there. Sometimes she almost seems girly, but then she usually busts out some Kung Fu moves or pretends to be Indiana Jones and the girlyness vanishes. At the least, she is very diverse in her likings…a little of everything. One moment she is prancing about the house dancing in her ballerina tutu and the next she is swinging from her bed post pretending to be Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom…in her tutu. She loves to have tea parties and also loves to practice her intense Kung Fu moves. She likes to believe she has not only mastered all the names of her ponies and pet shops, but the art of Kung Fu and the light saber too. I have to admit it makes me rather happy that she is so diversified. When she started forging her way into princesses and ponies I was a little worried, as I previously stated…it was uncharted territory, but as we entered the Star Wars and Indy phase I felt a little more comfortable…I knew all about these guys! So here we are now, smack dab in the middle of her newest phase, Indiana Jones. She loves to play the Lego Indy game and daddy actually let her watch one! As I have stated almost every time I write, she is ever-changing. And as she grows she opens up so much for Tony and I; we are continually amused and taken aback by her creativeness and enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment