Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Running

So, it’s that time of year again…Glory Run! This year, Tony and I decided to take Kailyn up to the place where she was going to race and let her run it a few times, just so she could be familiar with it. Now I’ve been telling her about it and she helped me prepare the letters asking for people to sponsor her a few months back…so she knows all about it. Actually, she has become rather excited about it. So when we told her we were going to walk down and practice, she was so excited we ran the entire way down! She then went on to run the short route twice back to back and wanted to run it more, but we made her rest. I was blown away, could this be the same girl that begged me to hold her last year and told me this was just “too much work?!” Crazy!

Now the course was all marked with a start and finish and a little yellow line to just let you know where to go, Kailyn thought this was awesome. We started heading home and before we knew it we were running again! When we got home, she told me “Mom, I like running. Can I have a racing track?” I told her she would have to talk to her daddy about that. (We all know the answer to anything Kailyn asks daddy… “Of course baby!”) Needless to say Tony said yes, and he would make one the next day. That following day after Tony got home from work he and Kailyn talked about what kind of “track” she wanted. After a moment it was decided she would have a diamond. After a few minutes it appeared. A bright orange diamond with an S at the starting line and an F at the finish! I didn’t think something so simple could make someone so happy…she was ecstatic! We raced around it a few times…even Cole jumped in. Let me tell you, she is faster than I thought…that’s my girl! After a bit of running, Tony and I decided to teach her kick ball…since the shape of the track was the perfect shape for a kick ball field. This was so much fun! We spent the next hour in the back yard playing three man kick ball and just having fun. Like I said it’s amazing how a simple can of paint can bring about so much fun…and wonderful family time.

In regards to the race Kailyn did amazing! She finished second, but just by a few feet. It was adorable to see her so focused! Her head straight and her eyes set on that finish line! When she was done, Tony and I couldn’t stop telling her how proud of her we were. Beaming she replied, “I didn’t look at all the people just at my race.”

No comments:

Post a Comment