Monday, September 14, 2009

I miss my favorite boy and girl!


The house is quiet…not just for the moment…but the entire morning! Tony said goodbye around 6:15 and Kailyn just bounded into Gigi’s car and off to school. What am I supposed to do now?! It’s such a strange and rather sad feeling to walk around the house…just me and our dog Cole. It hasn’t been this way…ever! I don’t think I very much like this new found quietness! I miss my favorite boy and girl! Having Tony start work again after a fun summer is always hard and tears are often present for at least the first week…but now my Kailyn girl is gone, too! Tears are definitely present! Just looking around the house in all its emptiness makes me sad and leaves me feeling a bit empty inside. But, despite all this saddening change, I have to admit I love it when they come home! Hearing about each of their days and knowing that “yes” they can survive without me, makes things a little easier.

So many things are changing now. Tony’s back at work, Kailyn seems to have grown up in the blink of an eye and starting school, and I’m getting ready to start a new job in a week. All these changes are new and, even though I don’t want to admit it, they are wonderful. I used to wish I could just freeze time and keep Kailyn little forever, but I am realizing everyday that if that ever happened I would miss out on so much! Watching her grow has, and is the single most amazing thing to me! Seeing her change from a precious baby to a fully independent five year old has been astounding. And though I will miss our long lazy days together, I can’t help but look forward to all the new and wonderful memories that lie in store for our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment