Friday, September 25, 2009

the joys of coming home

As previously stated, I started my new job this week and a whole new chapter of our life has just begun. Since this is my first week, and a training week, I was able to get off a little early. One particular day I got off and headed to pick up Kailyn. As I pulled in the driveway, i saw her running into the house. Excited to see her I honked and waved. Then as if I was the Ice Cream Truck or something more than wonderful, she looked up with extreme elation and smiled from ear to ear. She dropped her bag she was carrying and ran arms open to meet me in the driveway. I have to say, this may be one of the single most wonderful times in my life. I had never been greeted like this before! Immediately tears welled in my eyes and just as I thought, "man this is as good as it gets," she looked up with her arms around my neck and said, "I am so glad you are home. I really missed you today, mom." All I could manage to say was, "I missed you too baby."
When Tony got home shortly after, I told him about our joyful reunion and he simply said, "Now you know how good it feels to come home." He was all too right!

No comments:

Post a Comment