Sunday, May 18, 2008

Turning corners

Looking back on this past year, I realized Kailyn has turned A LOT of corners! She sprung from diapers to panties…in fact, on this very day one year ago!!! She actually “ran” in the road race this year, rather than saunter across the finish line. She no longer takes her daily nap, although on occasion she does take a bit of a rest. She upgraded from baby toothpaste to Daddy and Mommy toothpaste…very fun! But, the most recent and, honestly next to potty training my very favorite, is her new found love for the doctor! When Kailyn was young, she had numerous ear infections and we were constantly at the doctors…it is my belief that this is why she developed a deep hatred for the dreaded doctor’s office. I took Kailyn to the doctor this month and instead of screaming, fussing and fidgeting, she was happy, peaceful and obedient! She did so well, I didn’t know what to do! A big turn in our life!!! I could probably go on for the next hour or so and list the many changes that have taken place in just this last year; however, I have come to the realization that Kailyn is a completely different child! She is no longer solely dependent on Tony and me; in fact she is highly independent and tries to do all she can on her own. Gone are the days of our little darling baby girl…here are the days of, “I can do it. I don’t need help. I am big enough!” She is officially our darling big girl now! I didn’t think this would come so soon! So, despite the constant turning of corners in our sweet “big” girl’s life, I find myself a bit melancholy! Yes, these achievement and “upgrades” are marvelous, wonderful and truthfully helpful…but is it terrible that I wish I could make them stop for a bit and we could just keep her as she is…just for awhile! She is our ever changing flower, blossoming into something quit beautiful and magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment