Thursday, May 1, 2008

Men

I think when a baby is born you can tell within the first year if they prefer men to women or women to men. For example, we often used to call my nephew a ladies man…because he simply preferred women to hold him. For Kailyn, that seemed to be the case for her. She would always drift into the arms of a loving and nurturing woman…or just back to mommy. She honestly was a Mama’s girl!
As the years have past, I am a bit sad to say I think that is all changing. Gone are the days of, “Mommy will you hold me. Mommy will you read me my bedtime story. Mommy, mommy, mommy.” No, we are experiencing a new stage; I like to call this stage the “Daddy Rock’s” stage! I am a bit sad to say, I think the “Mommy” days are over…at least for a bit. So, yes Kailyn has truly become the epitome of a “Daddy’s girl.” She wakes up each morning and asks where Daddy is, and throughout the day will say, “You know…I really need my Dad.” She is usually on the steps waiting for Tony to come home and on the weekends RARELY ever leaves his side! She thinks her Daddy not only hung the moon, but the stars as well!
With this ever growing love for her father came another change. Kailyn now loves men…not just men actually, baby boys, toddler boys, elementary school boys, middle school boys, high school guys and even older men! If we go to a playground, Kailyn immediately finds some random boy playing in the dirt or trying some daring acrobatic move on the monkey bars and follows him around for the duration of our time there. She has three cousins who are all boys and she thinks they are simply awesome…I do believe sometimes she wishes she could be a boy just like them. My sister, her husband and there boys recently visited Georgia. It was on this visit that Kailyn told me, “I like my Uncle Mikey…he can take care of me!” Mike is my sister’s husband and the father of Kailyn’s three crazy cousins. Not only that, but at a party we had last weekend Kailyn found herself another gentleman. We were getting ready and Kailyn was playing in the living room and an older gentleman, who is like a grandpa to me. He sat down and started playing Zoo with Kailyn. After a bit of playing it was time for her to go to sleep and she said, “He is my friend.” Whether it be the fact that guys don’t mind sitting on the floor and playing with animals or the fact that they actually don’t mind getting dirty (something Kailyn LOVES to do), Kailyn is fascinated with the men and boys of all ages! I don’t think this newfound love of the male species is anything to be too worried about…well at least not until she’s a bit older!

No comments:

Post a Comment