Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kentucky trip...Kailyn's first sleepover!

This month, we went up to Kentucky to see Tony’s family and celebrate his Papaw’s 80th birthday. All his relatives came in from all over the states; it was a wonderful family reunion. We were only able to stay for a short visit, but it was such a great weekend. Over the weekend, Kailyn had a new “first” happen. We were visiting Uncle Kevin, Aunt Jeannie, and Anna (Dee’s daughter) at Dee’s house and the girls were playing wonderfully together (especially seeing as they had only met one time before). Now, Kailyn doesn’t really have a hard time making friends…as long as you are between the ages of three and ten and if you’re a girl that is even better! Anyhoo, after a good couple hours of playing I informed Kailyn it would be time to leave in just a few minutes and she just said, “I don’t want to go. You and Daddy go and I’ll see you tomorrow.” What?!? “Yeah, can she spend the night,” asked Anna. After a few minutes of debating, we decided it would be okay and that we’d see Kailyn tomorrow. Her first spend the night!!! I know, I know…I am ridiculous! But come on, she’s our only child and as previously stated I am REALLY attached! The few minute drive to Tony’s grandparent’s house (where we were staying) seemed so long and I did shed just a few tears. As we were getting ready to go to sleep Tony asked, “You gonna be okay?” Of course I would be okay…right? Actually it wasn’t like I didn’t trust who she was with (by the way they are the best!), but I just miss her when she is gone. Looking back I am really glad she was able to spend the night, and there is no one else I would have rather had her have her first spend the night with! So thank you Uncle Kevin, Aunt Jeannie and Anna…according to Kailyn (and us), “You are sooo awesome!”

No comments:

Post a Comment