Monday, September 1, 2008

My Bad

As I sit here and review all of the many journal entries I’ve written and am totally overwhelmed by all those that have yet to be written, I can’ t help but get teary eyed. Looking down the page so many memories flash back and as I get to one of the very first entries I realize so much time has passed! Where did all those months, years, go? Who said time could go by so quickly! Kailyn is a far different child now than she was when I first started writing. She is no longer our little darling baby…she is a big girl…getting ready to start kindergarten next year! (Which, something I have way too much anxiety about!) It’s funny, I remember the first time I dropped her off at her Mother’s Day Out program and cried for almost ten minutes, because I felt like I had just lost my dearest friend! It actually isn’t getting any easier to drop her off either! Take today for example, she woke up and said,” Mommy, do I have to go. Can’t I stay with you?” “Of course you can!” Was all that I wanted to say to her, but then I was quickly reminded that next year I can’t keep her home merely because I want to! I just had to reassure her she would have so much fun today and that yes I would miss her…little did she know how much! So, off we went and here I am writing about her, because I miss her…so much! Yes I know I am pathetic! I honestly think that my doctor forgot to cut the cord when she was born! Is this how I am going to feel when she is 18 and heading off to college! I guess I better start praying for grace from God now!

Sorry to get off track, but the point of writing this article was to apologize for dropping the ball and not writing and for not posting the ones I did write…I am very sorry and hope to stay up-to-date from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment