Thursday, September 18, 2008

We are going to get a Lucy one

Now that the school year is in full swing, I have started to watch Carrie, one of Kailyn’s little friends. Since Carrie’s mom had a baby this past June, we have a new addition to our house on Wednesday and Friday mornings. This darling sweet baby is a little girl whose name is Casey Ann. I was a little worried how Kailyn would do having a younger child around, and was pleasantly surprised by how sweet and gentle she has been with her. (I have to inject here, that I am SO happy Casey Ann is a girl!) Kailyn, too, loves the fact that Casey Ann is a girl and that mostly everything she wears is pink. Therefore Kailyn has become very fond of playing with her and even making sure I am taking very good care of her. Since this is the first baby Kailyn has been around for an extended period of time, she was very curious at first. She would ask me about everything from why she couldn’t go on the potty by herself to why she sucked on that weird thing I kept calling “the passy” and even why Casey Ann couldn’t eat anything besides her bottle. One particular incident that was extraordinarily cute happened about a week after I started watching Carrie and Casey Ann. We were driving home from the store and Carrie said something to Kailyn about how Casey Ann was her sister and she loved her so much. Kailyn’s innocent little response was, “Yeah, we are going to get a Lucy one.” I did all I could do from laughing and crying at the same time. She then proceeded to look at me and say, “Right, Mommy?” I explained to her that it was up to God if we were able to have a little “Lucy one” someday, but for now we would just have to pray and see what happens. So, now especially when Carrie and Casey Ann are here Kailyn makes sure to remind God she would like a “Lucy” someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment